Recycling Myself

Welcome to the most exciting time in my life. So far.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Spotlight: Janet!

Me and my 60-Mile husband!
This week I decided to let someone else write a Spotlight post.  I wanted to write about my AMAZING mother-in-law, but thought there was someone better to express how incredible she is, my husband!  My husband knows how important the 3Day is because he is a 60-mile man!  He walked with us last year, and it was so great to get to share the experience with him and let him see into the crazy, fun, emotional, exhausting, exhilarating world of the Susan G. Komen 3Day.  So, here is Philip's post about his awesome mom and my awesome mother-in-law:

My momma and I in Atlanta when we (and my dad) visited my sister and brother-in-law.

Hello, this is Philip Boone.  You might know me as Mr. Courtney Boone.  I am guest writing about my momma, Janet Denise Boone.  I met my mom on a cold December morning in 1983.  I was so excited about meeting my mom that I decided to show up two months early.  
My parents and me at my graduation from OSU!  Go Pokes!
Throughout my life, my mom has always had a very strong presence.  She was always there for me.  She and my dad would be at all of my performances, whether it was band, choir, musicals, etc.  When my performance would end, my mom would always welcome me with a kiss, a hug, and a "you did a great job" (even if we both knew that it wasn't that great).  She and my dad have always been my biggest supporters.  When I am sad, she is always someone that I can talk to.  When I am happy, she's there for me, as well.  
My dad, my sister, my momma, and me in Atlanta
When my mom was little, she would cry a lot.  Her siblings would call her a cry-baby.  Her mother would say that she's just tender-hearted.  However, I know the truth.  The truth is that my mom has always been one of the most empathetic people that you might know.  When other people are hurting, she is hurting.  When other people are happy, she is happy.  She is that much of a caring individual.  That is one thing that I have tried to take away from her.  I hope that I can show as much care and empathy as she shows.  
Dancing at my wedding  (Courtesy of http://www.richardsonfry.com/)
My mom also showed me what it's like to be a feminist.  She has taught me the values of equality.  Because of her, I fully embraced that EVERYBODY should be equal regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, etc.  
Getting excited for fireworks!
Please consider donating so women like my mom don't ever have to worry about having breast cancer.  I love my mom and so should you.  :-)


Not sure how much to donate? Here are some numbers that are important to Janet's life!

$83 donation - In honor of the year Janet's life became infinitely better (and Philip was born)!

$78 donation - In honor of the year Janet married Bobby!

$315 donation - In honor of her birthday on March 15th (And also the day she became a momma for the first time)!

$22 donation - For how old she was when she first became a mom!

$35 donation - In honor of the years of marital bliss she and Bobby have shared!

$60 donation - In honor of the miles Philip walked for her in last year's 3Day!

1 comment:

  1. I have known Janet since before the author and blogger discovered America! I know of maybe 5 other people who exhibit the qualities you write about here. I have been around her when her "empathy" would show. She's been the best at loving everyone for a long time. And another thing....she is funny! Loved talking to her and Bobby and laughing away! There is one-thing I know, I have been loved because I have known Janet...Thanks Janet!
    Bobby Marlowe

    ReplyDelete