Recycling Myself

Welcome to the most exciting time in my life. So far.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness: Spotlight!

Hey friends!  Time for some honesty.  I am a MAJOR procrastinator.  I walk in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure every year, and there is always a point in the year prior to the walk that I get that awful, nagging feeling that I'm not doing something I should be doing: Fundraising.

After 4 years of walking, I can safely say that the hardest part of doing the 3 Day isn't the 60 miles you walk over 3 days.  It's raising $2,300 for breast cancer research.  It's hard!  But, I'm passionate about a cure.  So I do it every year, even if I start it a little later than I probably should.  :-)

This year, I've been tossing around the idea of writing about the important women in my life as a way to showcase their AWESOME-ness and express my desire to find a cure because every one of these awesome women deserves a lifetime.

I'm going to write about a different woman in my life every week.  While I'm doing that, I strongly encourage you to think of the women in your life who have helped you become the person you are today.  Think of the women who support you and love you and care for you in every way that they can.

Then I want you to think about the horrifying statistic that 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.

THIS IS NOT OK.

I can't sit here and not do something about that.  So, I walk 60 miles every year and raise money.  What I'm asking you to do is support me in that.  Donate, spread the word, write about an important woman in your life as a guest spot on this blog.

Keep watching for my first spotlight post!  Before then, think about what you can do to help and consider making a donation today!

Please visit:  www.the3day.org/goto/courtney.boone



No comments:

Post a Comment